Installing C-Mor to Disk

C-MOR Video Surveillance Support Requests

Moderator: michaelr

peterlang

Installing C-Mor to Disk

Post by peterlang »

Am I right in assuming that this software is only designed to be run in a VM and not installed directly to an SSD hard drive in a 64bit PC. Several attempts at a direct install has ended in failure except for a Vbox installation. Some advice on this matter would be appreciated and a brief explanation if this is at all possible.
support

Re: Installing C-Mor to Disk

Post by support »

Hi,

C-MOR also works as direct installation. C-MOR is sold as hardware solution in Germany. You may use the guides in the download section as reference.

We have a documentation in German only:

https://www.c-mor.de/videoueberwachung- ... -usb-image

There are some hints/screenshots (in English) which may be helpful. Basically you need to make sure the disks are detected propperly. Target disk as SDA and source USB stick/CDROM as SDB. Secure boot must be disabled in the BIOS.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
peterlang

Post by peterlang »

Yes I have had to go back to using a conventional HDD as my Nvme SSD is not recognised at all, so install fails. I thought that as the kernal was Debian based it would pick up the SSD driver but obviously those drivers are missing in the cut down version.
support

Post by support »

There is nothing cut and no drivers were removed. C-MOR runs fine on SSDs, we have frequent installations on SSDs.